Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lighter Balsamic Dressing

I know it is only Tuesday, but I am pretty proud of how well the first week of the Drop 10 challenge is going. I was a little worried about today, as it was our first day to officially report back to school. It is now becoming a tradition that we are welcomed back with an awesome omelette bar. I was thrilled to see egg whites as an option! Not to mention the array of veggies and salsa available for topping. I also made it to the gym without talking myself out of it. Post workout, the Bear and I enjoyed a large salad made with spinach, artichoke hearts, chickpeas, red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, and grilled chicken topped with my Lighter Balsamic Dressing. Check out this lovely bowl of goodness...


Did I mention that there is spinach under there? I've been so in love with the cucumbers Justin got me from a colleague at work combined with the juicy tomatoes I bought at Costco over the weekend that I realized you can't see any of the super food spinach. I swear there is spinach under there:)

This dressing doubles as a great marinade for chicken, fish, or beef. It is super easy to make and store in the fridge. I plan on using it for salads, dipping veggies for a snack, and as another marinade later in the week. This vinaigrette is so versatile you won't need another recipe.

Lighter Balsamic Dressing

1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, more or less depending on how spicy you would like your dressing

Whisk all ingredients together in a resealable container or jar until emulsified. Cover and store in your fridge for up to two weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment