Monday, December 2, 2013

Slow Cooker Italian Chicken

Introducing the Sunday Sandwich Series for the month of December! I am also pleased to say that the bulk of this sandwich was all cooked in my Crock Pot yesterday while I prepped my other dishes for the week in freezer bags, got my breakfasts ready for the week, veggie bags made for lunches, cleaned, and did laundry. Hence the lack of posting last night when we finally sat down to eat, but I did get a lovely picture.


I made the chicken into this lovely Italian chicken sandwich by simply serving the chicken over bread with a little shredded 2% mozzarella cheese. I then popped the sandy into the oven and broiled it on low until the cheese began to melt. Easy, easy, easy. The total sandwich was only 6 points per serving. The chicken itself, only 3. Since breads can vary, I am only going to post the chicken recipe as it is super versatile and could be used in a pasta dish, served over rice, or over a sauteed kale as I did with the leftovers for my lunch today. One chicken recipe with tons of possibility. How great is that for the holiday season?

Slow Cooker Italian Chicken

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 145. oz can diced tomatoes
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 cup sliced banana peppers
2 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
1 clove minced garlic
Sprinkle of salt and pepper

Place all ingredients into your slow cooker. Cover and set on low for 6 hours. Remove lid and shred the chicken with two forks. Can be served as is, on a sandwich, over pasta, or whatever you like. The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment