Saturday, February 9, 2013

Girl in a Whirl

It has been a long, exciting week around the Nickel household. Thursday, I was informed that I am our district's elementary teacher of the year! This is such an honor! I remember when a couple of close colleagues of mine won this award and was always so enamored to be working with them. The excitement is still settling in and I know there will be more to come. Next week will be even crazier with not only parent-teacher conferences, but also photographs, interviews, and more paperwork for competing at the state level. Not to mention that my birthday is just around the corner. I guess there is no better way to ring in my 32nd birthday than with Turner Teacher of the Year! I feel so grateful and my heart is so full.

With all that is going on, I hope to back log recipes from last week. I have the Meaty Ziti to share with you all. This was a twist on my original Baked Ziti recipe. It is such a great dish to make ahead for a busy week. Comforting, cheesy, and filling. It was a great meal to come home to last week and the leftovers were even better for lunch. I also have to share my Veggie & Tofu Curry with you all. Not only did this meal contain some exotic flavors that pepped up the tofu, it also pulled together in a flash! Perfect for the middle of the week.

After parent-teacher conferences, I will have a well deserved break with Friday off and President's Day off. I hope to be back to my regularly scheduled menu and grocery list postings by next week. I hate to leave my dear readers hanging, but something has to give and I am not totally sure if I'll even make it in the kitchen much. Until then, have a super weekend!

2 comments: