Saturday, October 6, 2012

Weekly Menu Post

I am so glad the weekend is finally here. Not that it was a bad week or anything. I am just super pumped for our anniversary dinner tonight at Renee Kelly's Harvest. Five years ago, I was a frantic bride waiting to marry my Bear. He's the best roommate ever. He made me leave my comfort zone in Iowa to start a new big city life. He's the only guy that I ever wanted to give a mooshy-gooshy nickname such as Bear. I love him so much and feel incredibly blessed to have him in my life:)

I've heard many good reviews about the Harvest. The establishment is in one of the only restored castles in Kansas City. The food is all farm to table and has certified gluten-free menu items. Not only will we be eating great food, we will be eating really gourmet food. So excited!! I'm looking forward to sharing our experience with you all later this weekend.

Now on to my favorite thing to share, the weekly menu post. This week I plan to use what is left of the late summer squash crop with a low-carb, gluten-free, noodle-free lasagna. I'm sure you all will appreciate cleaning your eats and detoxing a little after possible tailgates and football viewing. No worries though, this lasagna will not leave you feeling deprived! Later in the week, I have another sandwich inspired wrap recipe to share using chicken, mushrooms and a mouthwatering tomato basil spread. To top the entire week off, I am looking to sharing my copycat, healthier version of Granite City's famous Idaho Nachos complete with their Granite City dip. This will be a great appetizer meal you will want to make for a football party get together. Good eats all week. Here is the rundown:

Sunday 10/7          Very Veggie Lasagna with Garlic Bread

Monday 10/8         Left-overs

Tuesday 10/9         Chicken & Mushroom Wraps with Tomato-Basil Spread and Salad

Wednesday 10/10  Left-overs

Thursday 10/11      Idaho Nachos with Granite City Dip & Naked Buffalo Wings

Friday 10/12          Back to Iowa for Family October Birthdays!!

Groceries you will need:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package center cut bacon
2 zucchini
1 large yellow summer squash
1 lb. roma tomatoes
1 8 oz. box sliced mushrooms
1 bunch green onions
1 bunch fresh basil
1 bulb garlic
1 bag gluten-free wraps (such as Sandwich Petals)
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 jar capers
1 container grated Parmesan cheese
1 jar mayonnaise (I like Hellman's Olive Oil blend)
1 carton egg substitute or 1/2 dozen large eggs
2 bags shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
1 bag shredded 2% cheddar cheese
2 containers part skim ricotta cheese
1 container light or fat free sour cream
1 box frozen spinach
1 bag waffle fries

Pantry items you will need:

Dried Italian herbs
Dried parsley
Curry powder
Paprika
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Worcestershire sauce
Salt & pepper

I think this is one of the shortest grocery lists I've made in a long time:) Enjoy the cooler temps and very fall like weather!



No comments:

Post a Comment