Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Egg Recipe


I love breakfast! It is not only the most important meal of the day, but also something I rarely skip. I am not a cereal eater in the morning. I have discovered that I need more substance! A lot of people are always asking how I make my lovely egg creations. It is really simple actually. I usually saute something for the week, then add the veggies to the bottom of a microwave safe bowl sprayed with cooking spray. Sometimes I add a little shredded 2% cheddar cheese, sometimes I don't. Then I poor Egg Beaters over the cheese and veggie mixture and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. The egg substitute will fluff up almost like a souffle! It is sort of cool if you're into cooking. It will all come out like a nice little omelet. This week, I've been adding my omelet-like creation to Flat Out flat bread and rolling up into a wrap. This week's saute mixture was simply made with the following:

1 box frozen spinach, thawed & drained
1/2 finely diced red onion
2 finely diced Roma tomatoes
Salt & pepper to taste

1. Saute onion for 2-3 minutes on medium heat in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray.
2. Add the tomatoes and spinach and saute for 2-3 minutes longer. Then enjoy!

You can add this simple mixture as I have or also create an egg casserole to enjoy all week. It takes a little preparation, but is well worth the healthy breakfast that will fuel your entire day!

1 comment: