Sunday, September 6, 2009

Random Thoughts

Since I had time this morning to enjoy my coffee and and actually watch T.V. versus guzzling my coffee down between attempts to wake myself up and concentrate on The Weather Channel, I noticed something very funny. While Americans face the cold hard facts about the economy, they can't give up their luxury items. This thought came about as I was analyzing a Bounty paper towel commercial. The basis consists of a clumsy husband and his wife making a comical attempt to brew their own cappuccinos. The machine is working great until uh-oh the husband spills the cinnamon and coffee on the counter. Finally, in comes the super paper towels which not only clean up your mess, but also claim to save you your hard earned money by using fewer paper towels. The whole time I was thinking, ditch the paper towels, go green, and use a washcloth genius. Then, I also concluded that if they really wanted to save money, they'd get rid of the damn cappuccino maker and just make regular coffee. Maybe I'm too cynical.

In other news, we are enjoying a relaxed weekend. It's nice to putz around the house and enjoy each other's company. I also did some shopping as the essential items in my wardrobe are either pitted out, have missing buttons I cannot find, or have pen marks all over them. All in all, it's been an enjoyable weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment