If you enjoy Asian dishes, this looks pretty good right? And believe me you, it was pretty good and easy to throw together. I cooked the entire dish in my Crock Pot, with the exception of the kelp noodles as there was really no need to cook the kelp noodles. I only needed to rinse those low-cal friends. The Bear and I were very excited to eat this meal. Yes, even the Bear enjoys kelp noodles. The meal was tasty. It passed the taste test. The only problem, it tasted a lot like any other Asian dish I've made on with asparagus. Whether cooked in a slow cooker or stir-fried, I can't quite put my finger on it. A lot of my Asian recipes taste the same. I am no master of Asian cooking. I think I've got Thai food somewhat down. When I get to make a recipe repeat that is. For example my Grilled Chicken Thai Salad is always a hit. I've also not received any complaints on my Very Veggie Pad Thai or for those of you who might have joined the kelp noodle bandwagon my Speedy Chicken Pad Thai with Kelp Noodles. However, when it comes to Chinese food, things seem to taste a little too similar for my tastebuds. Since this recipe is all to familiar to my pallet, I will suggest some other recipes that might be a little more tantalizing to your tongue. For anything that calls for broccoli, you can sub and/or add asparagus. Here are some suggestions...
- Slow Cooker Pork and Noodle Bowls (My sisters loved this one!)
- Sesame Shrimp Stir Fry (Chicken can substitute, but the Bear actually enjoyed the shrimp more.)
- Sesame Slow Cooker Chicken (Seriously, hands down, my favorite)
- Asian Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps (So cute, tasty, and light! I don't think these got enough attention)
- Hawaiian Chicken (Another favorite! Simple and versatile!)
- Chicken and Ginger Flatbreads (Mouthwatering!!! Need I say more?)
- Copycat Starbucks Veggie Brown Rice Bowl (Hello vegetarian! A dish that makes going vegetarian or vegan very easy on the pallet. This is one of the most popular on the blog to date.)
I hope you take some time and check out these recipes. They are some of my favorites! I am too afraid to post a crappy recipe, but want to stay in touch. Enjoy!